Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation locked..

This is screen shot about my iPhone 6s plus 64gb, my phone is activation locked by never used yahoo I'd ( r.....@yahoo.com), but if i am open icloud then my apple id is working ...!

What happened with apple.com

This is captured by other phone click picture about my phone

Please help me.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 9:07 PM

If this isn't your Apple ID then this isn't your iPhone.

If you have purchased this from another person contact him and get it unlocked. Till then you may not be able to sue it.

If you bought the device from someone else

Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account.

If you turn on your device and see one of these screens, you need help from the previous owner.

If you see the Activation Lock screen, the device is still linked to the previous owner's account.

If you see the passcode lock screen or the Home screen, the device isn't erased.

Ask the previous owner for help

If the device is linked to a previous owner's account and they're close by, ask them to enter their Apple ID and password on the Activation Lock screen and remove the device from their account.

If you see the passcode screen and the device isn't erased, ask the previous owner to unlock the device and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. They'll need to enter their Apple ID and password.

If the previous owner isn't with you

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 9:07 PM in response to ritesh65

If this isn't your Apple ID then this isn't your iPhone.

If you have purchased this from another person contact him and get it unlocked. Till then you may not be able to sue it.

If you bought the device from someone else

Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account.

If you turn on your device and see one of these screens, you need help from the previous owner.

If you see the Activation Lock screen, the device is still linked to the previous owner's account.

If you see the passcode lock screen or the Home screen, the device isn't erased.

Ask the previous owner for help

If the device is linked to a previous owner's account and they're close by, ask them to enter their Apple ID and password on the Activation Lock screen and remove the device from their account.

If you see the passcode screen and the device isn't erased, ask the previous owner to unlock the device and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. They'll need to enter their Apple ID and password.

If the previous owner isn't with you

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

Aug 9, 2019 5:47 AM in response to ritesh65

We are experiencing exactly the same issue - updated iPhone6 to iOs12.4 today, and Activation Lock has enabled, requiring an Appleid j*****@yahoo.com to verify activation. The iPhone6 was purchased from a phone company apparently 'new' and hasn't had any Appleid on it with a yahoo.com email address.

Apple help have advised us that only way forward is to obtain proof of original purchase from the phone company, otherwise they cannot remove the Activation Lock. Fortunately we are still with the same phone company...

Activation locked..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.