Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s charging problem

My Iphone 6s wont show that it is charging when plugged into the wall. The battery percentage goes down while plugged into the charger and my phone charges slowly. While on the charger, my Iphone 6s does not show being charged, having the Lightning bolt appear. How do I fix this problem that has occurred to me multiple times?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 6:35 PM

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

Apple recommends using only accessories that Apple has certified and that come with the "Made for Apple" badge. Learn about the issues that counterfeit or uncertified Lightning accessories can cause and how to identify these accessories.

If you use a counterfeit or uncertified Lightning accessory, you could see these issues:

• Your iOS device could become damaged
  • The cable might be easily damaged
  • The connector end might fall off, get very hot, or might not fit properly into your device
  • You might not be able to sync or charge your device

Only Apple makes the USB-C to Lightning Cable. There are no "Made for Apple" USB-C to Lightning cables.

Compare packaging and writing on the cable

To identify counterfeit or uncertified cables and accessories, look carefully at the accessory's packaging and at the accessory itself. Certified third-party accessories have the MFi badge on their packaging:

Some accessories might have a previous version of the MFi badge:

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembled in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a 12-digit serial number at the end of this text.

A certified, third-party Lightning to USB cable usually has company branding on the Lightning-connector end.

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204566

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 6:35 PM in response to Chicago1623

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

Apple recommends using only accessories that Apple has certified and that come with the "Made for Apple" badge. Learn about the issues that counterfeit or uncertified Lightning accessories can cause and how to identify these accessories.

If you use a counterfeit or uncertified Lightning accessory, you could see these issues:

• Your iOS device could become damaged
  • The cable might be easily damaged
  • The connector end might fall off, get very hot, or might not fit properly into your device
  • You might not be able to sync or charge your device

Only Apple makes the USB-C to Lightning Cable. There are no "Made for Apple" USB-C to Lightning cables.

Compare packaging and writing on the cable

To identify counterfeit or uncertified cables and accessories, look carefully at the accessory's packaging and at the accessory itself. Certified third-party accessories have the MFi badge on their packaging:

Some accessories might have a previous version of the MFi badge:

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembled in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a 12-digit serial number at the end of this text.

A certified, third-party Lightning to USB cable usually has company branding on the Lightning-connector end.

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204566

Iphone 6s charging problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.