Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAIL: Attachment Viewing

Hello everybody,

I'v got a Macbook Air 2017 with Mojave.

I want to disable the embed attachment in mail and I want to view them as icons.

I use via terminal the well known command:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes

But nothing changes. I tried to exit from mail, execute again the command: nothing.

I tried to execute the command with no (instead of yes), open mail, attached some files (obv embedded) and then close mail, execute again the command with yes. But nothing changes.

I tried replaceing yes with true (some users use true or false): negative.

I don't want to use other programs (like OSX MAil Anti Inline).

Any suggestion?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 5:14 PM

Hello,

I have been doing a lot of research on this. It appears that Macintosh System Integrity Protection is preventing the terminal command to disable inline attachments from working. Check out the following 3rd party website for information how to disabled System Integrity Protection.

iMore

Once System Integrity Protection is disabled start your Mac up normally. Before opening Mail rerun the Terminal command to disable inline attachments again. Once that command has been run restart your Mac Apple Menu  -> Restart.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 5:14 PM in response to markusxxx

Hello,

I have been doing a lot of research on this. It appears that Macintosh System Integrity Protection is preventing the terminal command to disable inline attachments from working. Check out the following 3rd party website for information how to disabled System Integrity Protection.

iMore

Once System Integrity Protection is disabled start your Mac up normally. Before opening Mail rerun the Terminal command to disable inline attachments again. Once that command has been run restart your Mac Apple Menu  -> Restart.

MAIL: Attachment Viewing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.