Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve contacts

How do I retrieve my contacts I accidentally deleted the number out my old phone thinking it’s save in my new phone I back my information in my iCloud but I don’t see it

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 11:51 AM

Are you using the same Apple ID on the new phone as you used on the old phone?

If you weren't syncing contacts with iCloud, you can restore a backup of the old phone to the new phone. Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

If you were syncing Contacts to iCloud, if you don't see them at iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser, try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2019 11:51 AM in response to Jbgarrett1

Are you using the same Apple ID on the new phone as you used on the old phone?

If you weren't syncing contacts with iCloud, you can restore a backup of the old phone to the new phone. Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

If you were syncing Contacts to iCloud, if you don't see them at iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser, try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Contacts.

Retrieve contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.