Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 3rd gen iPad not showing on Find My IPhone

My device was just stolen and is not showing up on Find My IPhone.

It has its own phone number and plan.

It did not have a lock code. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Find My IPhone is the 1st thing I did.

It isn’t showing up. Anyone else having this issue?

Can the police find it beyond the app’s capability?

Why doesn’t Apple have this turned on automatically as a last option even beyond Find My IPhone ?

Can they find it even if Find My IPhone has never been turned on?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:51 AM

It won't be trackable unless it's powered on and connected to a network. Sorry for not understanding, but you said Find my iPhone is the first thing you did after you said your device was stolen. You didn't make it clear you enabled it on your iPad directly when you set it up.

4 replies

Jul 28, 2019 8:35 PM in response to Tblack88

Did you not have Find my iPad turned on before it was stolen? If you didn't and you didn't use a passcode on the device, whoever got your iPad will be able to wipe it and use it as their own device.

If it wasn't turn on, you won't be able to track it after it's gone. When you set up the iPad the first time it suggested you turn on Find my iPad, if you chose not to do that, that's unfortunate, but not Apple's fault. The police will not be able to find the device except to look for it. And they aren't going to invest much, if any effort in this.

Sorry for your loss.

Even though you may not be able to track it and you are unlikely going to get it back, there are some things you can do as outlined in this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Jul 29, 2019 12:00 AM in response to lobsterghost1

If you’ll read the 4th sentence again, setup Find My iPhone is the 1st thing I did.

I wouldn’t have wasted my time posting if this hadn’t been the case.

I am posting, however, because it is a bit disconcerting that it was on and not appearing at all in my devices.

Anyone had this issue with the newest model iPad?

Beyond the fact it IS active, I’m dreadfully curious why if my device is connected to my data plan that it is not extremely findable by Apple or AT&T?

Jul 29, 2019 11:36 AM in response to lobsterghost1

To clarify further, it is not showing up in my devices at all. Not showing it online, offline, or anything. It is just not there.

To reiterate, is anyone else having this specific issue with the newest model iPad?

It did not have a passcode to unlock, but was setup directly after purchase, and despite the lack of screen lock the thief wouldn’t be able to login to my Apple ID and remove it from Find My iPhone.

New 3rd gen iPad not showing on Find My IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.