Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost data due to restoration of new phone

Hi, i had 1 week data in my new iphone XS and then got the backup of old iphone 6 by itunes and restored the data in my new XS phone and was thinking that it will merge with new one but after restoration (which i was thinking transfer of data) lost all the latest data. so please help to retrieve them as i haven't backed up for latest one.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 12:21 AM

A restore replaces all current content on the device. If you have a backup of the XS that you want to restore to : Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support . If you don't, you've overwritten it and lost it.

3 replies

Lost data due to restoration of new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.