Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't prevent Time Machine from backing up while on battery

I've got "Back up while on battery power" checkbox turned off but Time Machine still creates backups (see screenshot). Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Mojave 10.14.6

Macbook Pro 13" 2018

3TB Time Capsule

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 8:10 PM

Hi there shesmu,

This is most probably due to the option being selected after the back-up has initialised, so it will continue to attempt to back-up until the process is either complete, or canceled.

I would recommend allowing the backup to complete, make sure that the "back up while on battery power" option is disabled afterwards, this should save your problem.

Hope this helps. : )

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 8:10 PM in response to shesmu

Hi there shesmu,

This is most probably due to the option being selected after the back-up has initialised, so it will continue to attempt to back-up until the process is either complete, or canceled.

I would recommend allowing the backup to complete, make sure that the "back up while on battery power" option is disabled afterwards, this should save your problem.

Hope this helps. : )

Can't prevent Time Machine from backing up while on battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.