Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing your Apple ID

If I change my Apple ID on my iPhone will I lose all my information if I create a new one.

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 11:27 AM

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. Try doing a name change instead. You will be able to access your data and prior purchases.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 11:27 AM in response to addiem72

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. Try doing a name change instead. You will be able to access your data and prior purchases.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Changing your Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.