Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple has blocked books I have paid for by titles; how do I get the books so I may read them? I am well over 21!

As I am an adult, I am responsible for what I read. Apple has blocked books I have purchased by titles, man of which are NOT sexual! Janet Evanovich writes (in my opinion,) comedies. Her book: Big Girl Panties is blocked! The saying "put on your big girl panties and deal with it!" was referenced in this title!

I have paid for several books which Apple has blocked. I followed the instructions telling me to go into settings, but nothing has worked. I am angry that someone feels that theymay chose what I can read.

These books were purchased from Bookbub!

How do I get the books or get my money back? (On my ipad and phone)

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 2:56 PM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2019 9:22 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I paid Apple for the books which are listed on the Bookbub site. Some say "restricted" and are greyed; others

now list a higher price than that which I ordered from the Bookbub site. I think the solution is to avoid ordering books

from Apple on that site and to continue ordering on my Nook app...it works! I have several hundred books on that site. Thank you sincerely for your effort.

Jul 31, 2019 9:24 AM in response to King_Penguin

I paid Apple for the books which are listed on the Bookbub site. Some say "restricted" and are greyed; others

now list a higher price than that which I ordered from the Bookbub site. I think the solution is to avoid ordering books

from Apple on that site and to continue ordering on my Nook app...it works! I have several hundred books on that site. Thank you sincerely for your effort. I did pay the listed price; a couple may have been listed as "free" books.

Apple has blocked books I have paid for by titles; how do I get the books so I may read them? I am well over 21!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.