You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to insert musical symbols on ipad

Hello! I wonder whether there is a way to insert musical symbols in OneNote, Page or other document application on iPad.

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 5:29 PM

Hello,

Here are all the music symbols that iPad supports. I suggest copying them into a new note and copy/paste them whenever you need one. You can also setup a text replacement shortcut for easy access in Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement. I hope this helps!

ø

🎶

🎵

🎼

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2019 5:29 PM in response to JamieCWayne

Hello,

Here are all the music symbols that iPad supports. I suggest copying them into a new note and copy/paste them whenever you need one. You can also setup a text replacement shortcut for easy access in Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement. I hope this helps!

ø

🎶

🎵

🎼

Jul 30, 2019 7:26 PM in response to JamieCWayne

Hello,

You are very welcome! If you open the emoji picker on your iPad all of these symbols are available although I find that these are all quite difficult to find in the vast array of emojis and symbols. If the emoji keyboard isn’t displayed on your keyboard then you can turn it on in Settings -> General -> Keyboard.

What other functions do you feel iPad lacks? I personally switched over to an iPad Pro from an iMac a few years ago and I haven’t looked back. I find iPad can handle just about anything I throw at it from graphic design, music creation, desktop publishing, video editing, and much more. It is also especially exciting as Apple has announced for this Fall a new operating system for the iPad which takes iPad to the next level.

how to insert musical symbols on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.