Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

user account

Earlier today i went to a apple-store who helped me install Sierra High on my MacBook Pro (had problems with installing it). Everything installed sucessfully. They were installing Java, but i had to go, so i closed the Mac and was going to continue install it at home. When i got home, my Mac was turned off. I had to log in to either a guest account or my private account. I wrote in the password to my private account, and it started to load (looks finished). Now it has loaded almost 2 hours, and nothing happens. It doesent enters the main menu. What should i do now?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 12:13 PM

Ok, you cannot logon with your main account.

Did you try your secondary account? Try.

Try a safe boot.

Shutdown your machine.  Hold down the shift key.  Poweron.  The boot up will take longer than normal because the filesystem on the startup drive is being checked and repaired as needed.   All about safe mode including what features and apps safe boot leaves out.  Safe boot uses a software driver instead of using your machines video hardware.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 12:13 PM in response to Mariahtorsvik

Ok, you cannot logon with your main account.

Did you try your secondary account? Try.

Try a safe boot.

Shutdown your machine.  Hold down the shift key.  Poweron.  The boot up will take longer than normal because the filesystem on the startup drive is being checked and repaired as needed.   All about safe mode including what features and apps safe boot leaves out.  Safe boot uses a software driver instead of using your machines video hardware.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

user account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.