Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch side buttons will work but screen will not at all

My Apple Watch side buttons will work but screen will not at all. What can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 12:18 PM

What makes you think the buttons work? Without the screen you can’t even tell if the watch is switched off!

I suggest trying to charge the watch about 1 hour, then see if you have any response. Try a Forced Reset by pressing and holding both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together, at least 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons. If there is no display give it at least 30 seconds holding the buttons before you abandon hope.

If that doesn’t get a result use link Contact Support to arrange getting the watch checked by Apple, either a Genius Bar appointment or mail-in Service.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 12:18 PM in response to Leocox99

What makes you think the buttons work? Without the screen you can’t even tell if the watch is switched off!

I suggest trying to charge the watch about 1 hour, then see if you have any response. Try a Forced Reset by pressing and holding both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together, at least 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons. If there is no display give it at least 30 seconds holding the buttons before you abandon hope.

If that doesn’t get a result use link Contact Support to arrange getting the watch checked by Apple, either a Genius Bar appointment or mail-in Service.

My Apple Watch side buttons will work but screen will not at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.