Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International warranty of iPhone XR.

Hi All,

I bought iPhone XR from US last week. I was informed it has 1 year international warranty (which comes by default). I was planning to buy/extend the warranty of my iPhone XR. I plan to buy the extended warranty in India.

So my doubts are:

1.) From where exactly I can buy the authorised Extended warranty? Apple store/online Apple website/Amazon?

2.) Will that warrant be valid in India also ? Or it is valid only in the country of purchase ?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 3:59 PM

The warranty terms have not changed - Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty. They include, as they have always included, the clause:

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV and HOMEPOD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.”

Since the warranty is not international, you cannot add an extended warranty to it from another country.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2019 3:59 PM in response to darshgup139

The warranty terms have not changed - Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty. They include, as they have always included, the clause:

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV and HOMEPOD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.”

Since the warranty is not international, you cannot add an extended warranty to it from another country.

International warranty of iPhone XR.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.