Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Xfinity Hotspot connections!

I have read, over and over again, people saying that to STOP auto connecting to Xfinity WiFi hotspots just tap the "i" next to the connection in WiFi settings, then turn off Auto-join. THIS DOES NOT WORK! I have turned off Auto-join from dozens and dozens of Xfinity hotspots and the iPhone continues to find new ones for me to auto-join. Apparently every hotspot has a different IP or something else to make it distinct. This is particularly troublesome while driving when the phone decides to connect at some random place which interrupts my Waze navigation and I can't easily (while driving!) go into settings to disconnect. I want to forget ALL Xfinity hotspots. I want to delete the password so it cannot do this to me again. I can't find a way to do that.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 8:39 AM

The replies so far are more of the same... not helpful. Been there, done that. Latest thing I've tried is here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-wifi-devices-my-account

Logged into my Xfinity account and removed the device (my iPhone). I only hope that works. If it does, I'll come back and mark this as the solution to my problem.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 8:39 AM in response to Jwindish

The replies so far are more of the same... not helpful. Been there, done that. Latest thing I've tried is here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-wifi-devices-my-account

Logged into my Xfinity account and removed the device (my iPhone). I only hope that works. If it does, I'll come back and mark this as the solution to my problem.

Aug 4, 2019 12:46 PM in response to Jwindish

Yes, I know what is happening. I know why it’s happening. The question was how do I stop it. I haven’t seen that answered.

Why would Apple be able to answer how to stop an Xfinity process?

Seeing as it's their process, documented on their website... Xfinity is 'clearly' pushing their hotspots to your device one of 3 different ways.

do you have the profile installed?

their app installed?

have you ever joined their hotspot?

If they are pointing you to Apple, I will suggest they are wrong to do so.

It's easy to blame Apple, but not always accurate.

Stop Xfinity Hotspot connections!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.