Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-Factor Authentication

There is not an option to turn Two-Factor Authentication off, even after logging on to the computer and clicking "edit" there is not option coming up. I want this turned off, please help

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 8:19 AM

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 8:19 AM in response to stover333

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two-Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.