Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder with Subfolders from USB to Itunes Playlist or Playlists

Hi, I am sure this has been asked before but I need your help. I have an USB that I purchased from a DJ, it has a folder with several sub-folders with many tracks each. I would like to keep the structure of the folders as a big playlist in Itunes but I am not sure how to do so.

I added the may folder to Itunes media and imported the folder to my library but I dont know to keep the structure or add individual playlists from each sub-folder to my playlists in Itunes.

Thank you for your help

R

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 8:57 AM

If all the songs on the USB are now playable in your iTunes Library, don't change anything in the folders. If you do, iTunes will not be able to find those songs the next time it needs them.

Instead, you can change information in the songs inside of your iTunes Library:

• if you want to group songs into a Playlist, simply create the Playlist in iTunes and add the songs
  • you can create Playlist Folders, and add those Playlists into the folders. That way, you can keep the same folder and sub-folder structure as they are in on the USB stick. Tap on File/Create New/Playlist Folder and then drag your sub-folders into it.
  • if you want particular songs to appear as an album, you will need to change the album name of the songs so that the songs you want have the same album title.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 8:57 AM in response to rminerg

If all the songs on the USB are now playable in your iTunes Library, don't change anything in the folders. If you do, iTunes will not be able to find those songs the next time it needs them.

Instead, you can change information in the songs inside of your iTunes Library:

• if you want to group songs into a Playlist, simply create the Playlist in iTunes and add the songs
  • you can create Playlist Folders, and add those Playlists into the folders. That way, you can keep the same folder and sub-folder structure as they are in on the USB stick. Tap on File/Create New/Playlist Folder and then drag your sub-folders into it.
  • if you want particular songs to appear as an album, you will need to change the album name of the songs so that the songs you want have the same album title.

Folder with Subfolders from USB to Itunes Playlist or Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.