Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unknown error occurred (9039)

Hello. I have been unable to connect to iTunes on my Mac for a little while (can't determine when problem started but wasn't that long ago) and have troubleshooted the problem, attacking it from different angles to no avail, per Google search recommendations on error 9039. I am at a total loss and need help resolving.

Running iTunes version 12.9.5.5

Running macOS Mojave version 10.14.5

Late 2016 MacBook Pro

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 7:35 AM

See If you see an error in iTunes on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. I cannot find anything specific on your error code, but there may be suggestions that help. Given you cannot reinstall iTunes on Mojave you may need to reinstall the OS instead.

tt2

7 replies

Aug 18, 2019 1:45 PM in response to turingtest2

I have not installed any third party anti virus software. The router has been rebooted numerous times. Funny thing is that the problem began fairly recently and I had installed Mojave long before. Maybe one of the latest macOS upgrades broke iTunes for many or at least several of us? Is Malwarebytes a safe product? Is it available through the App Store? Thanks again.

An unknown error occurred (9039)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.