Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve deleted text messages from my iPhone 8?

How do I retrieve deleted text messages from my iphone 8?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 12:07 PM

If you're using iCloud Syncing for Messages, once you delete a message, it's gone.

If you're not using iCloud Syncing for Messages and you have a back up that contains the message, you can restore your phone from that back up:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note that when you restore a phone from back up, it will overwrite all the data currently on the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2019 12:07 PM in response to Qzark

If you're using iCloud Syncing for Messages, once you delete a message, it's gone.

If you're not using iCloud Syncing for Messages and you have a back up that contains the message, you can restore your phone from that back up:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note that when you restore a phone from back up, it will overwrite all the data currently on the device.

Aug 5, 2019 10:55 AM in response to Qzark

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

To delete a message:

1. In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
  2. Tap , then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread, tap Delete All in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.

To delete a single conversation, swipe left over the conversation that you want to delete, tap Delete, then tap Delete again to confirm. To delete more than one conversation, open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Then tap the circle next to the conversations and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.

To keep your messages for a certain amount of time, go to Settings > Messages > Keep Messages. Then select how long you want to keep your messages.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201287

How do I retrieve deleted text messages from my iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.