Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my email is requesting my password but will not accept it

My email asks for password but says it cannot verify name or account. I've been on the phone with Century Link two days in a row. They say my account and password is correct and this is a Apple/MAC issue in my mail app setup. Can anyone help?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 12:33 PM

Hello SoozenC,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use your email account on your Mac, even after contacting the account provider. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in these Apple resources, including updating your Mac and using the Mail Connection Doctor to get more details on your situation.

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

How to update the software on your Mac

Use Mail Connection Doctor

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2019 12:33 PM in response to SoozenC

Hello SoozenC,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use your email account on your Mac, even after contacting the account provider. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in these Apple resources, including updating your Mac and using the Mail Connection Doctor to get more details on your situation.

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

How to update the software on your Mac

Use Mail Connection Doctor

Cheers!

Suddenly my email is requesting my password but will not accept it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.