Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reload macOS

My 13 inch Mac Book Pro with Retina Display is 3 and a half years old. It is having various problems and I am wondering if reloading macOS Mojave would help. Is there a way to do this and keep all my files intact? Thank You

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 5:56 PM

It couldn't hurt.

A 3 1/2 year old Mac is practically new.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" junk, anything at all in that broad category of useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 6, 2019 1:25 PM in response to John Galt

I was having problems with my laptop not getting updates to data, photos, etc., that I enter on my other devices and visa versa. Apple support had me reload everything from iCloud down to my laptop, which solved most of the problems. But, I am still having sporadic iCloud problems and other minor problems that are probably related to corruption with age of computer. That's why I thought reloading OS might help. Thank you again.

Reload macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.