Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone won't Group text with Android

I'm having an issue where if another iPhone sends a group message that includes an android, I will not get the message. If I send a group message to an iPhone and an Android, the android gets the message but the iPhone does not. I can text another iPhone or Android individually without any issue.

I have tried with iMessage on and off, SMS on and off, MMS messaging on and off, Group message on and off. I've compared my settings with another iPhone that does not have an issue; I've reset the phone connections and even wiped the phone with a factory reset. Still having the same issues.

I've even had the SIM card replaced. The phone is on US Cellular.

Is the phone bad?

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 6:31 AM

Check this for correct settings and usage. Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still experience a problem, check with your carrier, since group messages with a non-iOS device are SMS/MMS and are controlled by the carrier.

1 reply

Iphone won't Group text with Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.