Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod to macbook

How can I transfer my iPod(2008) music to my macbook pro? iTunes doesn't help.

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 8:18 AM

Hello willy653,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about transferring content from an iPod to a Mac.

Syncing is intended to work in one direction, from Mac to iPod, so there's not a way to transfer content in the other direction, from iPod to Mac. However, if you still have the music on another computer, this might help you: Back up and restore your iTunes Library

If your content was purchased from the iTunes Store, you should be able to redownload it with these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 8:18 AM in response to willy653

Hello willy653,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about transferring content from an iPod to a Mac.

Syncing is intended to work in one direction, from Mac to iPod, so there's not a way to transfer content in the other direction, from iPod to Mac. However, if you still have the music on another computer, this might help you: Back up and restore your iTunes Library

If your content was purchased from the iTunes Store, you should be able to redownload it with these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Cheers!

iPod to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.