Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete Garage Band

how do I delete Garage Band from my Mac OS High Sierra vs 10.1?

I don't have enough space to do an update and it is using 2 GB and I have never used it.

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 8:31 AM

The instructions in the OSXDaily article as you might expect from the date of that article are rather out of date.

Probably the easiest option is as follows.

1. Click on LaunchPad to launch it (this is looks like a rocket and is normally in your Dock but can also be found in your Applications folder)
  2. It should show a grid listing your applications
  3. Find Garage Band
  4. Click on Garage Band and keep held down the mouse button, the icons should start shaking and an X appear next to the Garage Band icon
  5. You can now click on that X, this will delete Garage Band

This is the supposed proper way to uninstall apps installed via the Mac App Store. Garage Band these days is installed via the Mac App Store, in the ancient past it came on a DVD disc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 8:31 AM in response to rookie4660

The instructions in the OSXDaily article as you might expect from the date of that article are rather out of date.

Probably the easiest option is as follows.

1. Click on LaunchPad to launch it (this is looks like a rocket and is normally in your Dock but can also be found in your Applications folder)
  2. It should show a grid listing your applications
  3. Find Garage Band
  4. Click on Garage Band and keep held down the mouse button, the icons should start shaking and an X appear next to the Garage Band icon
  5. You can now click on that X, this will delete Garage Band

This is the supposed proper way to uninstall apps installed via the Mac App Store. Garage Band these days is installed via the Mac App Store, in the ancient past it came on a DVD disc.

How do I delete Garage Band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.