Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change the name of my iCloud email

Hello Apple Support Community,

I have read a great many posts with people having similar issues as me and I am unable to find the answer, so I decided to create a post.

I created my Apple ID account with my gmail address, which I use as my primary email. When I created my Apple ID account, I also created an icloud.com email address as a secondary email so I could try it out.

Now I want to change my icloud.com email address, or delete my existing one and create a new iCloud email. Are either of those possible? I tried looking in appleid.apple.com and in icloud.com itself, but I could not find anything. appleid.apple.com refers to my icloud.com email as an "alias" but the iCloud mail web interface does not.

Let me repeat myself, the iCloud email I want to change the name of is not what I log on with for my Apple ID.

Thanks,

SKStrategia06.

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 12:15 AM

In your Mac system preferences > iCloud if Apple ID is signed with gmail services say example1@gmail.com , you can create a new Apple ID with iCloud domain from this location only say example1@icloud.com but once Apple ID is created with iCloud domain , its first and last letter or even you try to change / add on the characters can't be done and it will be permanent .

You had created another id in the past say eample2@icloud.com it could be added as secondary mail address in appleid.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 12:15 AM in response to SKStrategia06

In your Mac system preferences > iCloud if Apple ID is signed with gmail services say example1@gmail.com , you can create a new Apple ID with iCloud domain from this location only say example1@icloud.com but once Apple ID is created with iCloud domain , its first and last letter or even you try to change / add on the characters can't be done and it will be permanent .

You had created another id in the past say eample2@icloud.com it could be added as secondary mail address in appleid.apple.com

Change the name of my iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.