Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notice that security update is available

The App Store is showing that I have Security Update 2019-004 10.13.6 available. I clicked to download and install before realizing that I had already installed it on July 24. My internet connection is very slow so I did this overnight. When I looked at it the next morning it was done downloading and it said "installed" even though I hadn't restarted the computer. I restarted just to see what would happen. The App Store still shows the update as being available even though it also shows it as being installed 2 weeks earlier. A notification in the upper right of the screen also says "Update Available". It's kind of annoying. How can I clear this?

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 10:51 AM

After having serious issues with earlier 2019 Security Updates from the Mac App Store update page, I now get them only from the Apple download page:

Apple - Support - Downloads

I've had no issues with the updates I've installed from the download site.

7 replies

Notice that security update is available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.