Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hope to get back my first apple IPAD MINI

I won the iPad for the first time in my life in a competition in Saudi Arabia. Then I found my little brother complete the first steps of ipad setting and make a n apple id but in that time and with my first apple device I didn't know that I must save the id and password of the email. After a period and when I wanted to reformat the iPad again, I did not know that apple device differs from other types of mobile devices must be saved Apple ID, and when u asked a mobiles support persons they say smae sentence to me "your ipad become useless " so I make a new Apple email to try to communicate with you to solve my problem That's why I hope you will help me get back the iPad and thank you very much

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:36 AM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Since you won the iPad and do not have the purchase receipt then there is nothing you can do and Apple cannot unlock this iPad.

Activation Lock

2 replies

Aug 7, 2019 7:39 AM in response to abdullahman_nasr

Your iPad is Activation Locked to the ID it was set up under. You are not writing Apple and unless you can recover the Apple ID this device was set up under, it will remain locked. We can't help you. And unless you have the original receipt with the iPad serial number printed on the receipt, Apple won't help you either.

I'm sorry, but unless you can retrieve the Apple ID used on this device it's not something anyone can help you with here. The good news is you won the device, so you haven't lost any money.

But it is likely time for you to purchase an iPad on your own and yes, make sure you write the Apple ID and Password and the 4 or 6 digit passcode for safe recall to avoid situations like this in the future.

Hope to get back my first apple IPAD MINI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.