Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inappropriate Ads in kids games

Why are ads for games of a sexual nature (aged 17+) allowed to be played on a child’s 4+ colouring game even though the device has all age restrictions applied!?!

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 12:38 PM

But it’s not the app that’s inappropriate. It’s the advertisements.

Who has responsibility for the ads? You don’t go to the cinema to watch jungle book and see a trailer for 50 shades of Grey 🤷🏼‍♀️

No one seems to accept any responsibility.

Just have to delete the app or pay for no adverts...not the point when it’s not my child that needs protecting (I can do that for myself) who’s protecting the other children where no one is paying attention as they thought it was a colour by numbers game?

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 12:38 PM in response to QuickPost

But it’s not the app that’s inappropriate. It’s the advertisements.

Who has responsibility for the ads? You don’t go to the cinema to watch jungle book and see a trailer for 50 shades of Grey 🤷🏼‍♀️

No one seems to accept any responsibility.

Just have to delete the app or pay for no adverts...not the point when it’s not my child that needs protecting (I can do that for myself) who’s protecting the other children where no one is paying attention as they thought it was a colour by numbers game?

Aug 7, 2019 2:12 PM in response to Sezlou

Thinking about this for a few hours it dawned on me that you could use a service like OpenDNS to act as a first line of defense from inappropriate content. As far as app responsibility is concerned ad frameworks used by developers must conform to Apple’s App Store policies which prohibit adult content. More than likely you are seeing a Google Ad and the ad wasn’t vetted properly by Google’s ad team. There isn’t much you can do about it. Purchasing a paid application which does not display ads is another good solution.

Aug 7, 2019 2:27 PM in response to QuickPost

The advert is for another game called “Chapters” it’s a role play game centred around relationships e.g advert shows a girl and boy kissing, the narration says “his girlfriend walks in” and he has to make a choice whether to stop what he’s doing or ask her to join! This is a colour by number game aged 4+ and the advert comes on every 5 minutes or when you change pictures. The only benefit to paying for the app is to stop adverts, no additional content.

My concern is for the children who’s parents don’t realise these adverts play on their kids games.

Inappropriate Ads in kids games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.