Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a quick way to bring up the pass code screen so I can unlock it without picking it up for face ID?

Hi,

Two questions as I just received my new XR yesterday.

1. When the phone if laying flt is there a quick way to bring up the pass code screen so I can unlock it without having to pick it up for face ID? Currently you have to slide up, it asks for Face ID then you have to tap a few times. Wondering if that is the way or if there is a better way.
  2. Can you make it so every time the phone is unlocked it defaults to the home screen regardless of where it was locked at?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 10:15 AM

You do not have to use Face ID to unlock your phone if you don’t want to set it up. You can use Tap to Wake or Raise to wake. You still have to enter your passcode to unlock it.

Use Raise to Wake on your iPhone - Apple Support

No to the second question.

1 reply

Is there a quick way to bring up the pass code screen so I can unlock it without picking it up for face ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.