Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older iMac. I have been losing internet connection recently although wifi is ok. Seemed to become a problem after last software upgrade. Any thoughts? I am able to restart if I turn off wifi and turn computer off, then restart again.

I have been losing internet connection frequently on older iMac although wifi is ok and all other devices have internet. I am able to reconnect by turning wifi off and restarting computer then turning wifi on again. How can I resolve this problem? Seems like it began after a recent software upgrade.

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 2:13 PM

What version of OS installed, we have no idea what your "recent software upgrade" is??

Please use the following to troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues with you iMac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202222

3 replies

I have an older iMac. I have been losing internet connection recently although wifi is ok. Seemed to become a problem after last software upgrade. Any thoughts? I am able to restart if I turn off wifi and turn computer off, then restart again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.