Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update failure because billing verification

When I try to update my apps, it keeps asking me for my billing information when i try to update it. Any way I don’t have to enter in card or billing information and I can just update my apps?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 1:20 AM

The system is trying to verify that it is you using the account by requesting that you supply a payment method information that only you should know. It likely won't allow you to continue with the account until you have complied.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 1:20 AM in response to Naxcie

The system is trying to verify that it is you using the account by requesting that you supply a payment method information that only you should know. It likely won't allow you to continue with the account until you have complied.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Update failure because billing verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.