Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no card image for apple pay on apple watch

Hi all,

I set up a new card for Apple Pay on my Apple Watch (series 3) in addition to a previous card. Apple Pay (using the watch) works perfectly, but the image of the new card does not show up on the watch. Only a white box is shown instead of the card image on the watch.

I tried to remove the card and set it up again on the watch - same result.

The new card image is visible on my phone, but not on my watch. Apple Pay is working fine on both devices, though.

What can be the cause of this? Apple or the Card provider? Any ideas of how to try to fix it?

(latest OS is in use, both on the phone and the watch)

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 7:35 AM

You tried the right step by removing and then adding the card back. Try a reset of your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both. If that doesn't correct the problem, click on the "Contact Support" link ant the upper right side of this page.

1 reply

no card image for apple pay on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.