Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod HomeKit & inconsistent Siri between HomePod, iPhone, and Apple Watch

So I just bought a HomePod to start taking advantage of my HomeKit compatible accessories. My HomePod is always on but in Home app it shows its status as Standby.

If I ask Siri to open my garage door, for example, HomePod makes me authenticate on my iPhone even though I have the Allow Siri When Locked set.

If I ask Siri to open the garage from my watch, Siri on the watch says it can't find anything like this while my iPhone replies that it's opening the garage door and that I should ask again to find out what the status is. (Schizophrenic?)

Sometimes HomePod forgets as well and tells me it can't find anything like this, but I can go to the Home app and open the garage door without problem.

Is there a way to get these devices on the same page? Also trying to figure out why my HomePod doesn't configure itself as the primary HomeKit hub. I have several Apple TVs but they are not always powered on and so I have HomeKit disabled (and it reports that way in Home app).

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 12:32 PM

the HomePod is often in standby mode. It’s still available to use though. You can’t assign which device you want as “connected”.

Name your accessory and assign it to a room to help you identify it in the Home app and control it with Siri.

Make sure you’ve done everything in this:

Get started

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204893

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 12:32 PM in response to David Stempnakowski

the HomePod is often in standby mode. It’s still available to use though. You can’t assign which device you want as “connected”.

Name your accessory and assign it to a room to help you identify it in the Home app and control it with Siri.

Make sure you’ve done everything in this:

Get started

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204893

HomePod HomeKit & inconsistent Siri between HomePod, iPhone, and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.