Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud

I have lost all my pictures due to an update on my iPhone how to I get them back. they are saved on icloud but do not appear on my iPhone.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 12:11 PM

How do you know that they are saved on iCloud? Do you backup with iCloud? If you do, the photos will be included in the backup and you would have to restore the backup in order to recover the photos.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

However, if you use iCloud Photos, they are not included in the backup. They should be on the phone in that case. Go to Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Photos>iCloud Photos>On. When you enable iCloud photos, they will download to the device.

I want to caution you to not enable iCloud Photos unless you are positive that you were using this prior to the update. When you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do on one device is reflected everywhere, so deleting photos on your phone will delete them on all devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 12:11 PM in response to madiyha

How do you know that they are saved on iCloud? Do you backup with iCloud? If you do, the photos will be included in the backup and you would have to restore the backup in order to recover the photos.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

However, if you use iCloud Photos, they are not included in the backup. They should be on the phone in that case. Go to Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Photos>iCloud Photos>On. When you enable iCloud photos, they will download to the device.

I want to caution you to not enable iCloud Photos unless you are positive that you were using this prior to the update. When you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do on one device is reflected everywhere, so deleting photos on your phone will delete them on all devices.

icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.