Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Business Manager VPP - "There was an error while attempting to perform this operation"

I'm trying to purchase redemption codes for a custom B2B app.

I have successfully purchased a redemption code before, but I am unable to purchase anymore. I receive a modal dialog stating:

Unknown error occurred

There was an error while attempting to perform this operation.

The underlying network call is a 500 response, with the following body:

{

"title": "Unknown error occurred",

"detail": "There was an error while attempting to perform this operation.",

"status": "500",

"id": "-"

}

Feels like I hit a bug on Apple's side, but has anyone navigated this before?

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 1:55 AM

Same problem here, the Business Manager has been broken for over a week now. Same story for me with contacting support, them not being able to help out, escalating to engineering, and engineering not giving a timeframe for a fix. We have clients waiting to being able to use their apps, this is starting to get worrying!

There is a thread on the developer forums as well: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/377456#377456

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 1:55 AM in response to eskerber-hq

Same problem here, the Business Manager has been broken for over a week now. Same story for me with contacting support, them not being able to help out, escalating to engineering, and engineering not giving a timeframe for a fix. We have clients waiting to being able to use their apps, this is starting to get worrying!

There is a thread on the developer forums as well: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/377456#377456

Apple Business Manager VPP - "There was an error while attempting to perform this operation"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.