📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete large attachments from iCloud messages? Deleting them locally does nothing.

I have 4 GB of large Messages attachments taking up space in my iCloud Drive. Apple's instructions on managing iCloud Drive storage space seem to be written by someone who did not understand the distinction between local and cloud storage, so if you have your iPhone configured to only store recent and relevant conversations, there is no way to manage or access or delete old attachments. Can someone explain to me how to delete old attachments if my phone is only showing 50 megs of usage and my iCloud is showing 4 gigabytes?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

How do I delete large attachments from iCloud messages? Deleting them locally does nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.