Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain iOS 12.4

iPhone 6s Plus is iOS 12.4 is battery drain fast

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 9:40 AM

My iPhone SE battery was replaced a year ago and it’s been fine until the update. After updating the phone to iOS 12.4 I charged the phone to 100% yesterday and 5 minutes later it was down to 89%. Today I stopped charging at 44% and 5-10 minutes later it’s down to 30% without any use, other than anything going on in the background. It seems to be settled at 30% for now, so it’s immediately after a charge that the problem seems to occur. What’s going on?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 9:40 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

My iPhone SE battery was replaced a year ago and it’s been fine until the update. After updating the phone to iOS 12.4 I charged the phone to 100% yesterday and 5 minutes later it was down to 89%. Today I stopped charging at 44% and 5-10 minutes later it’s down to 30% without any use, other than anything going on in the background. It seems to be settled at 30% for now, so it’s immediately after a charge that the problem seems to occur. What’s going on?

Aug 15, 2019 3:49 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks Idris. I’ve already done that. The battery is at 92% battery capacity. The main app use is 33% listening to audiobooks on Audible (as background activity as it’s sending Bluetooth to a separate speaker), but the strange one is Safari at 31%, because I’ve not used Safari on the phone as I have my iPad with me at home.

I closed all the apps and restarted the phone, which went from 14% at shutdown to 20% after the restart!

l’ve now fully charged the phone and it’s still reading 100%, so I’m hoping the restart did the trick.

Battery drain iOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.