Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications often don't display fully

Sometimes a new notification will arrive, but it displays only a "show" option that doesn't do anything, and there's no "close" option. I have to hit the main body of the notification to display the referenced item, then close that item. After a restart it works as it should.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 2:23 PM

If a "banner" style notification comes in and you are working on a MacBook or a Mac with a trackpad, you can simply swipe right on the notification and it will disappear.

I would recommend that you check out you notification settings under system preferences in order to see what style of notifications you currently allow from your various installed applications.

If this was helpful please mark it as such and mark your question as resolved, Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 2:23 PM in response to Tom Gleason

If a "banner" style notification comes in and you are working on a MacBook or a Mac with a trackpad, you can simply swipe right on the notification and it will disappear.

I would recommend that you check out you notification settings under system preferences in order to see what style of notifications you currently allow from your various installed applications.

If this was helpful please mark it as such and mark your question as resolved, Thanks!

Notifications often don't display fully

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.