Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple ID

My mom is on my phone family plan. Up until now, I’ve always used my Apple ID to update for her. She wants her own Apple ID so she can make purchases with her own CC. I gave her instructions on how to set up the Apple ID and it shows she has one created under settings. However, when she goes to update or purchase, my Apple ID email shows up asking for my password. We live in different cities so I’m not sure what it looks like on her end. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 10:17 AM

After she created her ID, did she follow the steps in the article below to sign out of your ID, and sign in with her ID. Updates for apps purchased using your Apple ID are tied to your ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the your ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, have her check her purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2019 10:17 AM in response to tylena376

After she created her ID, did she follow the steps in the article below to sign out of your ID, and sign in with her ID. Updates for apps purchased using your Apple ID are tied to your ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the your ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, have her check her purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    

New Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.