Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an apple watch

Hi,

If I buy an Apple Watch in England can I use it with an American phone and sim or vice versa (if I buy it in America can I use it with my English phone and sim)?

Many thanks,

Caitlin

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 2:45 PM

You can purchase a GPS only watch in England and use it in the US with a US phone and SIM. However, you will not be able to get a US GPS+Cellular Watch and activate the cellular in England and vice versa. See this about what you can do with the Apple Watch when the paired iPhone is not around. How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2019 2:45 PM in response to Caitlin_Maclean

You can purchase a GPS only watch in England and use it in the US with a US phone and SIM. However, you will not be able to get a US GPS+Cellular Watch and activate the cellular in England and vice versa. See this about what you can do with the Apple Watch when the paired iPhone is not around. How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Buying an apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.