Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just used Etrecheck but unsure if it safe?

I used Etrecheck and am not sure what to do. It says it's not safe to download it to Apple but I'm not sure if I did already or not. How can I find out if it went to Apple?

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 2:21 PM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2019 3:48 PM in response to momluvstv

Beachballing is a symptom, telling us that by itself does not tell us anything. This is why we need to see the report. Please post it by following the instructions below:

When you have run the report and are ready to reply to this message please attach the report. You will see a screen shot below that indicates where to click in your reply message.

Aug 10, 2019 2:34 PM in response to momluvstv

EtreCheck is written and maintained by forum member, etresoft. It is highly trusted.

Not sure what you mean by downloading to Apple. The app doesn't send anything to Apple. It's not even a choice under the Share Report button.

The purpose of it (mostly) is to take a snapshot of your system to see what hardware and software is installed. If you know how to read through the output, it can help you figure out some issues.

Aug 10, 2019 2:35 PM in response to momluvstv

Etrecheck is completely safe and in fact developed and written by a respected member of this discussion forum. The message you have relayed makes no sense. There is no download to Apple involved. Did you take care to download it from the Apple app store or direct from the developers web site? If it came from somewhere else it could be loaded with other software (that is in reality crapware).

Aug 10, 2019 3:38 PM in response to rkaufmann87

The problem is beachballing and knowing if I have anything bad on my computer. I don't know a lot about them, which is why I figured I'd try it. Now my problem is how do I download the report to you. I tried Image Insertion thru pictures but the Etrecheck faded out and it wouldn't allow me. If you can tell me how I can send it to you, I will. I appreciate your help very much. I also made a copy to text edit but don't know how to get that to you either. sorry.

I just used Etrecheck but unsure if it safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.