Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Power Button

When I press on my power button, so I can turn off my iPhone, there’s a delay. What should I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 5:28 PM

Press Power AND one of the volume buttons simultaneously (if you really mean turn off the phone, and not just lock the screen).

If you mean lock the screen, when you press it the current app is given time to save its work. Normally this takes less than a second, but some apps may take their own sweet time. If you are on the Home screen it should be instantaneous.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2019 5:28 PM in response to jazmine82

Press Power AND one of the volume buttons simultaneously (if you really mean turn off the phone, and not just lock the screen).

If you mean lock the screen, when you press it the current app is given time to save its work. Normally this takes less than a second, but some apps may take their own sweet time. If you are on the Home screen it should be instantaneous.

iPhone XR Power Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.