Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New battery for an iPhone 6

Do Apple Stores still take appointments? If so, how do I make one? I just want to replace the original battery for my iPhone 6 and know that this has to be done at an Apple Store.

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 5:28 PM

4 replies

Aug 10, 2019 8:05 PM in response to aline192

aline192 wrote:
Do Apple Stores still take appointments? If so, how do I make one? I just want to replace the original battery for my iPhone 6 and know that this has to be done at an Apple Store.

FYI, it doesn’t absolutely have to be done at an Apple Store, but it would be my preference. Apple has released the equipment needed to do all the calibration and mechanical testing (the Horizon Machine) to many Apple Authorized Service Providers. They’ll have OEM batteries and OEM replacement seals, as well as Apple certified training. If they mess up the installation, they would need to make it right just like Apple would. The one caveat is that they might not charge the fixed prices that Apple charges at Apple Stores or via mail in service, but many do match those prices.

New battery for an iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.