Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep photos on the iPad Pro 11 and delete them on iPhone 5 S

I have the iPad Pro 11” and the iPhone 5s the memory of which is limited. I would like to free storage space on my iPhone by deleting some photos . But I would like to keep these photos on the iPad Pro which has a huge memory. Is that possible?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 9:16 AM

On the iPhone, you will need to turn off photos in the cloud. As long as you do that, you can delete them without having them delete everywhere else.

I would turn off Photos in the cloud and then delete a photo on the phone (just one you don't care about). If after a few minutes it doesn't delete anywhere else, you should be good to go with a larger deletion.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 9:16 AM in response to Cypriopoula

On the iPhone, you will need to turn off photos in the cloud. As long as you do that, you can delete them without having them delete everywhere else.

I would turn off Photos in the cloud and then delete a photo on the phone (just one you don't care about). If after a few minutes it doesn't delete anywhere else, you should be good to go with a larger deletion.

Aug 12, 2019 9:57 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for the reply. Before I try it , can you please tell me : If I turn iCloud off my iPhone, and delete some photos , when I turn the iCloud on again, will those photos which will remain on my iPad, return on the iPhone or will they be deleted for good. I need space in the iPhone, so I need to have them deleted for good on the iPhone and have them remain on the iPad which has the large memory. Thanks for your help.

How to keep photos on the iPad Pro 11 and delete them on iPhone 5 S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.