Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account charges

How do I correct Child’s birth year. She is 11 today but because I put the wrong year when creating the account her age is 5. It think it may become a problem when she is 13 and I try to give her more access.

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 7:44 PM

According to Apple, you cannot change the birth date for anyone under the age of 13. See - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Be sure to enter your correct date of birth. After you change it to any age below 13, you can't edit it. Learn more about Apple IDs for children.”

You can call Apple to discuss it if you like, but there is no mechanism to change an incorrect date for someone whose birthdate indicates they are under 13 years of age.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 7:44 PM in response to Gifted2heal

According to Apple, you cannot change the birth date for anyone under the age of 13. See - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Be sure to enter your correct date of birth. After you change it to any age below 13, you can't edit it. Learn more about Apple IDs for children.”

You can call Apple to discuss it if you like, but there is no mechanism to change an incorrect date for someone whose birthdate indicates they are under 13 years of age.

iCloud account charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.