Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help please!!error code 4MEM/9/40000000:0x883ddd98 what is it?

Hi to everyone..ihad that error code from diagnostic test.. i did it because my imac mid 2011 was frozen during the starting process

what mean this error code? how can i fix it? thanks in advance to everybody

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 8:48 AM

The error code refers to a memory error. Did you recently upgrade the memory?

I suggest removing the memory and verify that it meets the technical specifications for your iMac. If it does, verify that the metal contacts are clean, then try reinserting it. Sometimes simply reseating the memory cleans the contacts and allows it to work properly. You didn't indicate which model/size iMac you have, however depending on how many memory DIMM's are installed you may be able to remove two of them and carefully swap them into the system until you are able to isolate which DIMM causes the error.

These articles may be helpful:

iMac memory specifications - Apple Support

Install memory in an iMac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 8:48 AM in response to baldonick

The error code refers to a memory error. Did you recently upgrade the memory?

I suggest removing the memory and verify that it meets the technical specifications for your iMac. If it does, verify that the metal contacts are clean, then try reinserting it. Sometimes simply reseating the memory cleans the contacts and allows it to work properly. You didn't indicate which model/size iMac you have, however depending on how many memory DIMM's are installed you may be able to remove two of them and carefully swap them into the system until you are able to isolate which DIMM causes the error.

These articles may be helpful:

iMac memory specifications - Apple Support

Install memory in an iMac - Apple Support

Help please!!error code 4MEM/9/40000000:0x883ddd98 what is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.