Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not update my payment option because keep saying invalid phone

My credit card expired and when trying to update payment info for some reason my phone number already registered is not accepted. When I try to save the new payment info keeps saying invalid phone number. Can not pay my monthly fee for cloud storage because of this.

The phone number is the same and is been registers for years and already sending codes for double-authentication factor. I don't understand and my icloud storage will be cut if I don’t solve this issue. help!

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 6:24 PM

Are you following the steps here -- Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 13, 2019 5:50 AM in response to zinacef

Sinacef yes, the same steps followed for years each time my card is expired. It seems like a new validation was set to the phone number field that is affecting.

I live in Panama, Rep de Panama and phone numbers are area code (3 digits) follow by 8 digits. Maybe here is the issue, if the field is expecting a 7 digit number. This must be something new since my phone number is already registered in the field but now is being rejected and don’ t let me update my credit card info because of invalid phone number.

Aug 14, 2019 10:27 AM in response to msciglianiv

Thx Zinacef, finally I could uodate the card information. The problem persists, when I try to update it on the Mac, when logged into Apple Id it includes the phone number. But on the iPhone I could remove the card and add it again without asking me for the phone number. It is definitely a bug and is a shame nobody from Apple were interested in the problem.

Can not update my payment option because keep saying invalid phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.