Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse No Longer Work

Over the weekend I upgraded my iMac from High Sierra to Mojave. After the upgrade my Apple wireless Keyboard and Mouse no longer work. On the sign-in screen it says no keyboard can be found. I have changed batteries in the keyboard and tried to reset (quickly flashing light) but the computer will not acknowledge the device.

In order to log-in I borrowed a USB keyboard and mouse and was able to get into the system. Both devices show up in the list of usb devices and my computer would connect but still nothing happens. I then went into Bluetooth settings and removed the devices. They both immediately showed back up in the list of devices without me touching the device. Once they reappeared, I tried to connect to the keyboard which again would show as connected but would not display anything on the screen. After a few minutes the device would then show disconnected.

Any ideas on the problem and how to solve.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 10:16 AM

With the older versions of the Apple Wireless Keyboard and and Magic Mouse (the ones with replaceable AA batteries), you will get a numerical code to enter when trying to pair the keyboard or mouse. Sometimes you have to try several times to get it to pair.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected - Apple Support

Set up your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, and trackpad - Apple Support

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 10:16 AM in response to jlcarpenter1

With the older versions of the Apple Wireless Keyboard and and Magic Mouse (the ones with replaceable AA batteries), you will get a numerical code to enter when trying to pair the keyboard or mouse. Sometimes you have to try several times to get it to pair.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected - Apple Support

Set up your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, and trackpad - Apple Support

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

Aug 12, 2019 12:35 PM in response to jlcarpenter1

You could access the Bluetooth Debug menu by holding down the Shift and Option key then clicking on the Bluetooth icon at the top right of your screen. If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, open System Preferences/ Bluetooth and check, "Show Bluetooth in the menu Bar". Then select Debug and select "Reset the Bluetooth module".

https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-reset-bluetooth-hardware-module-on-macos/

Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse No Longer Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.