Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People File

A lot of my "people" do not show up in the People File. When I search for them they come up in a Slideshows file. I don't create these slideshows. How do I get them out of the slideshow and into the People File?

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 11:03 AM

Which version of Photos do you have installed?

To add people to the People album, you have to find a photo of the missing person. View the photo of the person enlarged, then scroll down to the Details section below the enlarged photo. If there is a thumbnail with the face of the person click this thumbnail to open the hidden People album of the person. At the bottom of the People album click "Add to People".

I have no idea, how the people ended up in your library as a slideshow. But if you find a photo of a missing person in a slideshow, you can open it in Edit mode by double clicking it and from there open the Info with ⌘I and then click the faces thumbnail in the Info panel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 11:03 AM in response to laurelly

Which version of Photos do you have installed?

To add people to the People album, you have to find a photo of the missing person. View the photo of the person enlarged, then scroll down to the Details section below the enlarged photo. If there is a thumbnail with the face of the person click this thumbnail to open the hidden People album of the person. At the bottom of the People album click "Add to People".

I have no idea, how the people ended up in your library as a slideshow. But if you find a photo of a missing person in a slideshow, you can open it in Edit mode by double clicking it and from there open the Info with ⌘I and then click the faces thumbnail in the Info panel.

People File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.