You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card and Quicken

Can Apple Card transactions be downloaded into Quicken. If I try to set it up as a Goldman Sachs card, Quicken is looking for a Goldman Sachs ID. Alternatively, is there a web based portal to do web connect downloads via a QFX file?

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 10:47 AM

12 replies

Aug 25, 2019 1:47 PM in response to 2008Convert

In addition to not being able to download into Quicken, it appears that you cannot carry the card in your wallet with other cards: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210399 Who has a "soft wallet"? So, I see the only real advantage of the Apple Card is the 3% back on purchasing Apple products. Those purchases I can simply put into Quicken manually.

[Italics are mine.]

How to safely store and carry your titanium Apple Card

• Store your titanium Apple Card in a wallet, pocket, or bag made of soft materials.
  • Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card. If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched.
  • Don't place or store your titanium Apple Card card near magnets. If your card is placed close to a magnetic latch on a purse or bag, the magnetic strip can become demagnetized.
  • Don't place your titanium Apple Card in a pocket or bag that contains loose change, keys, or other potentially abrasive objects.

Aug 30, 2019 7:36 AM in response to 2008Convert

I easily download all my income and expenses into Quicken from all my accounts and credit cards so they can be easily categorized. Then at the end of the year I run a report for filling my taxes. This also helps me stay on top of my spending each month to see if I’m exceeding my budget in any one area.

I want to be able to see ALL my financial data in ONE place.

I set the card as my default Apple Pay card and used it 5 or 6 times before I realized that those expenses wouldn’t be available within my chosen financial management program.

I’ve stopped using the card altogether now and will only use it for rare big Apple purchases.

Sep 14, 2019 8:56 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Philly_Phan wrote:

Similarly, thee are countless people who do export data. Apple/Goldman will care eventually when they on't get the response that they expected and, worse, many users either cancel the card or simply don't use it. Of course, perhaps they're not in business to make money.

That rebuttal has been standard fare since Apple’s founding. If Apple doesn’t do what I want it means disaster for Apple. The same claims were made at one point about every product Apple has released. Do what I want or you will fail.

Sep 14, 2019 11:54 AM in response to lkrupp

lkrupp wrote:

Philly_Phan wrote:

Similarly, thee are countless people who do export data. Apple/Goldman will care eventually when they on't get the response that they expected and, worse, many users either cancel the card or simply don't use it. Of course, perhaps they're not in business to make money.
That rebuttal has been standard fare since Apple’s founding. If Apple doesn’t do what I want it means disaster for Apple. The same claims were made at one point about every product Apple has released. Do what I want or you will fail.

Remember Lisa?

Also, Apple CHANGED the Mac to support Windows apps because of user demand.

Finally, I don't really care if they modify the Apple Card. My existing card gives me everything that I want AND much better rewards. I have no reason to change.

Apple Card and Quicken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.