Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X called 911 on its own

Has there been anyone else experiencing this phenomenon? Has Apple addressed this issue on any thread? This is quite disturbing.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:23 AM

I've never seen a post here where anyone has claimed their iPhone is dialing 911 on it's own. do you have a link to any you could show us?

if problems persist reset your phone to factory defaults.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

3 replies

Aug 12, 2019 1:38 PM in response to zane90

You mean to say all these happened automatically! Think again.

1. Press and hold the side button and one of the Volume buttons until the Emergency SOS slider appears. 
  2. Drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services. If you continue to hold down the side button and Volume button, instead of dragging the slider, a countdown begins and an alert sounds. If you hold down the buttons until the countdown ends, your iPhone automatically calls emergency services.

If you use the Emergency SOS shortcut, you need to enter your passcode to re-enable Touch ID, even if you don't complete a call to emergency services. 

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208076

Aug 12, 2019 1:44 PM in response to SravanKrA

Oh I have thought again my friend :) it happened on its own.

my phone was in a holder for an hour in my car, untouched. I was driving with four other people in my Armada. They all are witnesses.

the phone began making a siren noise without any human interaction and dialed 911.

i tried to see if the manner in which 911 is called aka the power button and volume button could have somehow been pressed in the console holder and it is literally impossible.

i am also finding many others who have had the same thing occur.

iPhone X called 911 on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.